Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The successful candidate will join the Unix team at Coremont, which supports all aspects of the group’s global Unix estate. This includes on premise servers that host key services such as our portfolio management system, AWS-hosted infrastructure, business-critical storage devices, as well as third-party tools used by internal development teams.
- Provisioning and management of physical and virtual Linux servers, both on premise and in EC2
- Investigation and resolution of hardware and software issues, liaising with third parties where necessary
- Ongoing patching of Linux operating systems, applications and appliances
- Involvement in hardware refresh cycles
- Installation, configuration and management of a number of mostly developer-facing applications such as GitLab, Nexus and Graylog
- Management of AWS infrastructure via Terraform
- Monitoring and capacity planning
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree
- Financial services experience
- RHEL system administration and patching
- Unix shell scripting and automation
- Experience with tools such as Puppet and Terraform
- Good working knowledge of core AWS services
- Good general networking knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SFTP, NTP, iSCSI etc
- NetApp administration
- Veritas NetBackup
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Solid technical skills around core product set
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with end users and other technology staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a small team, to manage and share tasks and to make design decisions as part of a team and in conjunction with other teams
- Experience of working in a change-controlled IT environment and with business-critical systems