Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Coremont are looking to hire a Senior Software Developer to join the Trading Technology team to work on our in-house order management system.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Software Engineer to work on our in-house order management system. The successful candidate will join an established development team responsible for trade lifecycle and market data technology, to contribute to the growth of our new platform. Our team also handles outbound trade flow to prime brokers and administrators. We also form key part of the onboarding process for new clients. We would expect the developer to be heaving involved handling new feature requirements, performance improvements, library/framework upgrades and technical debt around OMS (order management system). Due to the nature of this role we expect the developer to be hands on with a very strong devops mindset. In the longer-term, given our technology stack is mostly a mixture of Scala and Java, the successful applicant will be able to work on other areas of our order management system and our other applications that interface with our central position keeping system around trade and market data flow.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Scala (2+ years’ experience) and Java (2+ years’ experience)
- Scalaz/Cats/Reactive streams/FS2/Slick/Guava/Mockito/JUnit/ScalaTest
- Spring/Spring Boot/Micro-services architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- FIX protocol/Fpml/QuickFixJ
- SQL & MS SQL Server, JDBC
- Websockets, REST services, Multi-Threading, Swagger, GitLab, Jenkins, CI/CD, RabbitMQ, TDD, IntelliJ
- Financial knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle would be considered an advantage
- Experience in the development and support of a critical production environment with a devops mind-set
- Good understanding of functional programming
- Capable and confident with scripting in a Unix environment
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data (XML/JSON)
- Ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders
- Able to multitask and prioritise well
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team and within a dynamic environment