Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s service offering encompasses the full asset management life-cycle, including Portfolio Management Technology, Risk Services, Operations (Trade processing, Fund accounting and Treasury Services), Compliance Support and Investor Relations Services. The business spun out from Brevan Howard Asset Management (one of the world’s leading absolute return/hedge fund managers) in 2018 and Brevan Howard is a key client.
Coremont employs over 220 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, New York and the Channel Islands. It is led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines with a platform that is considered an industry leader in trading analytics, risk analysis and operational robustness.
This job opening represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The Coremont Operations team provides trade support and product lifecycle management for its clients, with direct interaction with portfolio managers and front office professionals. Knowledge of credit products is essential, including economic features, valuation drivers, risk management, confirmation workflows, lifecycle events and settlement.
The focus of the Operations Analyst is to ensure that traded positions have been correctly captured to match third parties, breaks have been timeously resolved and lifecycle events have been processed accurately. The role requires in-depth experience of credit products, including one or more of the following areas :
- Corporate bonds, convertible bonds, government bonds, credit ETFs, iBoxx, preferreds
- Credit index, single names CDS, tranches, bespoke tranches, credit index options
- IOs/POs, MBS, ABS, RMBS, TBAs
- Par/distressed bank loans, CLOs, equity re-org
The main functions of the role are as follows:
Reconciliation of Client Positions
- Ensure positions and trade details recorded in internal systems match external parties (clearers, custodians, prime brokers, counterparties)
- Facilitate the timely resolution of position and trade breaks
- Monitor middleware platforms for intraday trade matching
- Monitoring cash reconciliations to facilitate resolution of cash breaks
Life Cycle Event Management
- Corporate action processing, including validation of voluntary and mandatory corporate actions
- Compression and novation processing
- Facilitation of option expiry processes, rolls, paydowns, restructurings, defaults
Process Improvement and Projects
- New business initiatives: Including set up of new traders and products
- Process Improvements including technology enhancements
- Enhancing knowledge through training and maintenance of team procedures and policies
- Completing event reviews and implementation of risk mitigation improvements
The role entails working closely with execution traders and portfolio managers across a number of clients.
The role also requires close working relationships with a number of internal partners including the COO, Fund Accounting, Risk Services and Quants.