Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
We are looking for a Murex all-rounder with a technical bias to join the Coremont Murex team. This team is responsible for all aspects of the application including development, projects and support as the system is extended to meet the business’s evolving requirements.
The role requires a basic level of business knowledge, as we cover all asset classes, with a reasonable working knowledge of one or more asset classes desirable. The Murex Analyst will support the production application alongside the other team members and undertake development of new solutions as required with a particular focus on performance and database size management
The candidate should also have a thorough working knowledge of the technical operation and implementation of Murex. Experience with trade purging, performance and database size management for the application highly desirable.
Specific knowledge of the Murex database is highly desirable, with the capacity to write SQL to extract data directly from Murex tables as required. Experience of developing Murex workflows is desirable but not essential.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with most areas of Murex:
- Pre and post trade workflows
- System architecture
- Trade pricing/P&L/risk
- Static data
- Data model
- Reasonable understanding of one or more asset classes, preferably including either rates or FX
- Strong RDBS experience, preferably Sybase
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and build and maintain cross functional relationships
- Excellent Murex 3.1 all-round knowledge
- Good understanding of the Murex 3.1 system architecture and services
- Very good working knowledge of the Murex data model and familiarity with constructing queries to manipulate data in the database
- Strong interest in the business of the finance industry and the enthusiasm to expand knowledge to be able to support business users’ activity in the system
- Unix / Linux including scripting around the Murex system
- Specific expertise in the 3.1 pre- and post- trade workflows
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organised, with a keen attention to detail and ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of as wide a range of asset classes as possible
- Minimum – 2:1 Degree
- High level of general IT literacy
- Good problem solving capabilities
- Self-motivated/proactive and perform well under pressure
- Able to cope with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent triage/problem diagnosis skills
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assess situations and adapt accordingly
- Able to multitask and prioritise well
- Energetic, enthusiastic and well organised
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team
- Awareness of the role of IT in the business