Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Technology forms the backbone of the firm with over half our staff working in the Technology team. In providing a full service to financial institutions we correspondingly require a full technology stack. Our client offering is browser-based and driven by a significant AWS deployment. It leverages the firm’s renowned quantitative analytics library; the new application suite is cloud-based using leading technologies. The overarching direction of the firm is to provide global fund management capabilities to clients via our scalable SaaS application suite.
The Head of Clarion Pricing will build and lead a significant team of developers focused on providing the C# derivative pricing library at the core of Clarion.
Besides managing this team interaction will be required with:
- Senior management
- The Quantitative Analysis team
- The Clarion Product team
- The other Clarion tech leads
- The wider firm beyond Clarion
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Upwards of ten years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Experience managing a team of developers
- Experience of hiring
- Prior experience of working with Quant Analysts
- Some knowledge of FX, interest rates, equity, credit or commodity derivatives
- Strong on architecture including distributed systems
- Experience dealing with traders
- Experience supporting a live production environment
- A solid understanding of best practices in software development, testing and release procedures
- Strong programming skills in C#
- Experience of having built something to run in the cloud
- Excellent communications skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate and well organised
- Excellent triage/problem diagnosis skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask and prioritise well
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team