Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
The Fund Control team is responsible for verifying and reporting daily profit & Ioss to Portfolio Managers, ensuring the portfolios of the Funds are fairly valued, and reviewing and approving the Funds’ NAVs prepared by the fund administrators. The team also assists in the preparation and review of annual financial statements, regulatory reporting, investor reporting and fund governance.
Ad hoc projects are ongoing both within the team and firm-wide. Both day-to-day operations and project work involve close liaison with portfolio managers, risk, treasury, operations, quantitative analysts, IT & compliance. The team has responsibilities across the full range of tradeable financial products (securities, listed derivatives, cleared & non-cleared OTC derivatives across rates, FX, equities, credit & commodities)
- Validate daily P&L of portfolio managers and funds
- Ensure internal P&L / NAV records are consistent with the administrator
- Review and validate NAVs, including independent price verification
- Review of annual financial statements of clients’ fund vehicles
- Assist in meeting clients’ regulatory reporting obligations
- Liaise closely with the fund administrators, clients and internal functions to ensure issues are identified and resolved timeously
- Contribute towards process improvement and other project work
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- University Degree
- Accounting qualification or working towards one
- Experience in Product Control and/or Fund accounting at bank, hedge fund or administrator
- Understanding of NAV control environment and NAV valuation issues
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience of price verification processes
- Strong product knowledge across a variety of financial instruments
- Questioning mind set
- A team player with good communication skills
- Able to build effective working relationships with other areas of the organisation
- Needs to be logical, forward thinking with good problem solving & time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure