Coremont provides integrated front to back office services to investment managers and financial institutions and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Coremont’s offering covers the full investment life-cycle, including portfolio management technology, risk services, operations, treasury and regulatory reporting.
Coremont employs over 200 staff, with offices in London, Hong Kong, Connecticut and the Channel Islands. Led by a team of highly experienced finance professionals across multiple disciplines, Coremont is highly regarded across the industry for its trading analytics and operational robustness.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard. The successful individual will be able to combine their industry experience with a vision for further development in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Coremont are looking to hire a Market Data Development Lead for our applications that cover market data capturing and storage as well as applications that interface with our central position keeping system (Murex). The Technical Lead is expected to have 4 direct reports, a mixture of C# and Scala developers. Apart from Technical Lead responsibilities, they will be also expected to be lead developer for our market data apps (Snap, RDP).
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and passionate leader joining an established development team responsible for trade lifecycle and market data technology to contribute to the growth of our new platform. The successful applicant will be the Technical Lead and lead developer in the market data sub-team of Trading Technology. The team is responsible for our in house market data repository that interfaces with numerous external providers to source data required for portfolio valuation and risk. Our team also owns the largest database at Coremont for market data, so part of the role would be to better manage that and liaise with our database administrators for any performance and storage improvements. Another key area would be to improve the testability of large parts of the system. The technology stack on the market data side is mostly comprised of C# and technology stack of our applications responsible for trade lifecycle that interface with our central position keeping system (Murex) is written in Scala/Java.
The successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the two stacks, work closely with Head of Trading Technology to determine project requirements and developing work schedule for the team. The successful candidate will be responsible to analyse existing workflows, propose improvements, liaise with team members, delegate tasks and identify and mitigate any risks. This is a “hands-on” role and contribution to the code base is expected.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- 5+ years professional C# experience
- .NET Core and .NET Framework, WinForms, WPF
- SQL & Microsoft SQL Server
- Visual Studio, GitLab, Nuget
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Scalaz/Cats/Reactive streams/FS2/Slick/Guava/Mockito/ScalaTest/JUnit
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- FIX protocol/Fpml/QuickFixJ
- Excellent understanding of market data concepts and external data providers such as Bloomberg and Refinitiv
- Excellent Financial knowledge and understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in the development and support of a critical production environment with a devops mindset
- Capable and confident with scripting in a Windows environment
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data (XML/JSON) and SQL
- Ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders
- Able to multitask and prioritise well
- Must be a self-starter who will work well in a busy team and within a dynamic environment
- Exposure to Java/Scala will be considered an advantage